Screenshots | Download | Requirements
Necros Cavern is a game playable just about anywhere it will compile. Each level is filled with monsters that block the way or hunt you down. Your goal is to get to the Chalice containing the Nectar of Life (represented by a Y on the far right). You cannot kill the monsters: you can only outsmart them. Along the way you'll pick up treasures that increase your score.
There are caves all over the world. One cave, known as Necros Cavern, was slightly different from the rest. Legends claim that the cave's name came from it being a haven for necromancers and their minions. Most of the nearby villages have forgotten the legends surrounding this place, but they do consider it a cursed place and avoid the sight of it.
You're here because you've heard the legends and are excited over the many tales that claim boundless treasure lies within the cave. The legend that you found most captivating was the legend about the Nectar of Life. Many necromancers took up their trade to find the secret of eternal youth and health. The more determined of them turned themselves undead. Thus as long as their power flows, they remain alive (so to speak). After centuries of work they succeeded in creating a golden liquid that grants youth and health.
It is this nectar that you really have come for. While you will find treasures galore in this dark realm, you seek this life-giving potion above all else.
- Four gameplay modes: Classic, Blind, Mash and Active
- The top 20 highscores are recorded for bragging rights
- Infinite levels: the game continues as long as you keep avoiding the monsters
- 15 types of monsters; all of which move around differently
- 8 types of treasure scattered about each level for you to optionally collect
- Magic gems that dazzle monsters instead of weapons that kill them
- 3 types of traps to hinder or aid your progress through the cave
- Uses color on the terminal by default, but the user can disable this on the command line or in the options menu.
- A command line switch allows the user to use only ASCII graphics if there's a problem displaying the special characters.
- A graphical version was planned, but ultimately ruled unneccisary as the text mode already works fine under GUIs.
Necros Cavern 2007-2010 UGuardian